Monday, February 13, 2012

Milestone 2 Yrs 1Mos

At this time she picks up things very fast, mostly the ones she got from TV. Not so much on the Bahasa tho. I find that she picks up English better than she picks up Bahasa. Her vocabulary has increased significantly. I didn't count how many words she has but I think she's improving.

Now her favorite show is Dora, OSO, Diego and Team Umizoomi. The rest is just so so. I disabled the youtube App in my Iphone and Ipad. So she will not be exposed to unwanted parody shows.

She can make up simple sentences in English like, " do you see stars?", "Look it's a bike", "Here you go". Bahasa improvemet: bare minimum. She has started saying Ayah Ibu and Teteh clearer now, but so far I have never heard her saying a complete sentence. My maid said that during time of distress aka crying etc she speaks blurred Bahasa but other than that it is so difficult to get it out of her.

She picks up an interest in puzzles nowadays and getting very good at it. She learns the name of animals from ipad mostly, sometime books. She also started to play match game and improving in it. Sometimes when I tell her to do things she pretended that she didn't hear. Now even to tell her to clean up her mess is so difficult. She frowned, pretending to not hear, or run away. A bit tough because I know she understands but because she still can't answer anything makes me think she doesn't.

Her appetite changed too. Now she is more picky and her eating mood changes every day. Sometimes she eats more sometimes less sometimes nothing. Based on what I read this is normal. We can't expect kids to eat regular 3 times daily meal because their intake is different. At first I tried to force her.. but after a while I give up. I just try to provide healthy snacks like fruits, cereals, raisins, yogurts, etc. She was so into candies a while ago but I insisted on limiting it. So now she understood that 1 day maximum 1 candy.

I'm trying to limit TV as well. So far TV is on in the morning and afternoon. Night time we try to not watch tv at all.

Continuing to watch over her progress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment